Photos and Words by Krystle Lischwe
I swear I should've been Italian. When I stumbled upon this famous meatball recipe on Pinterest, I had to try it. There are many ways to enjoy these bites of comfort, whether it be on a bed of pasta, or tucked in a toasted hoagie roll. To me, there's nothing better than cheese. Cheese, cheese and more cheese! I decided to adapt the recipe by stuffing Mozzarella cheese inside the meatballs and they were delicious! Give this recipes a try- you won't be disappointed!
Homemade Meatballs adaptedfrom Cook With Honey Total Time: 1 hour, Makes 24 meatballs
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1 cup panko or bread crumbs
1 small onion, minced or grated
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon salt
freshly ground pepper to taste
1/4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley or basil
1-2 jars of your favorite pasta sauce
2 cups of mozzarella cheese (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover two cookie sheets with aluminum foil.
- With the exception of the pasta sauce, add all ingredients into large bowl. Mix well with hands or a large spoon.
- Form meat into golfball sized pieces.
- (Optional) Take a pinch of mozzarella cheese and push it to the center of the meatball. Make sure the cheese is completely covered!
- Place meatballs no less than 3 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Heat pasta sauce over medium heat.
- Once the meatballs are ready, place them in the sauce until it is heated.
- Enjoy with pasta, in a sandwich or by itself!
WARNING: you will never be able to eat any other meatballs again! This recipe is not only very easy, but irresistibly delicious-even my Italian friends approved! I definitely recommend this recipe for the average home cook. The mozzarella cheese added a great little surprise to the meal, so be sure to give it a try!
What are some recipes you are Pinterested in? Let me know in the comments and I will gladly test it out for you!