Words and Photos and Words by Aniqa Mian
Rushing to class and don’t know what to eat? Well, this is your lucky day! Avocado toast is an effortless and nutritious meal to whip up in the morning. Ask anyone from California and they will tell you that this is a classic breakfast. Avocados make any meal ten times better. This meal has the perfect amount of carbohydrates, healthy fats, and protein to keep you going until lunch. Or better yet- this is the perfect little snack between classes too!
The ingredients are simple:
- 2 pieces of bread (I used Trader Joe’s gluten-free toast, but feel free to use your favorite brand)
- Half of an avocado
- 2 eggs
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning (from Trader Joes)
**Optional: add any other seasoning you want like salt or sriracha
- Scramble your eggs on a stovetop (you can use the entire egg or just egg whites) **You can make your eggs any way you like- boiled, sunny-side up, or poached**
- Toast your pieces of bread on medium
- Cut an avocado in half
- Add a thick layer of avocado to each piece of toast
- Add on your scrambled eggs on top
- Sprinkle on the lemon pepper and other seasoning of choice
- Violà! You are done!
ow you can tuck into your delicious meal!