Words and Photos by Aniqa Mann
Although fall is here, we still have some warm days ahead of us (hopefully). So to enjoy a little nice refreshing snack or breakfast, you should make this yummy and delicious acai bowl!
1 Acai packet
1/2 cup of any liquid (I used kefir, but you can use water, dairy milk, anything else really)
1 tablespoon of almond butter
1/2 a frozen banana
1/4 cup of blueberries
1/4 cup of frozen strawberries
*you could also add a handful of spinach but I didn’t have any on hand or add any fruit you want really!
any fruit you want! (I used a banana)
1/4 cup of granola
1 tablespoon of nut butter
1 small piece of chocolate (or more!)
a handful of sunflower seeds
**I also wanted to add chia seeds and goji berries but I ran out!
1. Add the liquid and break up your acai packet into a blender or nutribullet
3. Then, add your frozen fruit, nut butter, and any other items you might want to add!
4. BLEND, BLEND, BLEND!
5. It takes a while for the acai to all blend together!
6. If it’s too liquidy this point, then you can add more ice or put it in the freezer for an hour or so, then it will be perfect!
7. Now slice up your fruit, add all the toppings you want, and voilá, you are done!
So simple and easy!